He’s a terrier but a smart one whose usually learns quickly and is easy to housetrain
What’s good and bad about the TFT?
- He should be at the top of his obedience class as he’s intelligent and learns quickly
- He’s probably the easiest of the Toy breeds to housebreak
- Recognized as a Toy breed in 2003, he has not been overbred and genetic health problems are few compared to other breeds
- Good watchdog who will bark at strangers
- Born with a naturally docked tail
- Terrier instincts to chase, dig and flee remain
- He’s generally considered to be a one-person dog. The good news is he will be devoted to that one person
- Can be snappy with children. He’s best with adults and he loves to be cuddled
- Spindly legs can be broken. Don’t let him jump on and off furniture
Here’s a cute video that shows how brave these little guys can be.