A spunky pal, these dogs are best for active, alpha owners
What’s good and bad about the Affenpinscher?
- Fearless watchdog
- Hardier and more energetic than most dogs his size
- Minimal shedding
- His nickname – ‘monkey dog’ – aptly describes his playful personality
- Rare enough breed that he hasn’t been overbred, but may be difficult (and expensive) to find.
- Can be difficult to housebreak, intact males like to mark their territory
- Regular grooming, including stripping his coat of dead hairs, is necessary.
- Smart but may be headstrong, best for alpha dog owners