What’s good and bad about the Havanese?
- He’ll probably be at the top of his obedience class
- He has a sweet disposition and gets along well with other pets
- He’s one of the few Toy breeds that make good family dogs assuming the children do not play roughly with him
- He’s may be too high energy, even indoors, for couch potatoes or the elderly
- He’s susceptible to genetic eye disease. Only buy from a breeder who can provide Canine Eye Registration Foundation (CERF) certificates (and check the website)
- He requires daily grooming
The normal, happy state of a Havanese.