Don’t let the fierce look fool you. This is a dog bred to be a playful companion.
What’s good and bad about the Shih Tzu?
- Good watchdog
- Low maintenance – little shedding, minimal exercise
- Bright dogs with almost-human expressions
- Usually gets along with other dogs and cats
- Sensitive dogs that expect a lot of love
- May be obstinate – he will require socialization and training
- Rare enough breed that he hasn’t been overbred, but may be difficult (and expensive) to find.
Here’s a quick video showing a well-trained Shih Tzu.